Rental Terms and Policies
POLICIES / RULES
- You must be 25 years of age to reserve and stay at our property.
- Maximum number of guests per suite only – no exceptions
- ALL guests’ names / occupants must be registered
- NO PETS ALLOWED inside the premises or on the property
- SMOKING is NOT ALLOWED at The Union Pier Summer House. In compliance with state law we are a smoke-free property. PLEASE NOTE: A $400 cleaning fee will be charged if a guest smokes inside one of our suites.
- Parking: Only registered guests shall park in the designated parking spaces along Howard Street. No vehicles may be parked along Berrien Street.
- Please observe the following: Hours of Quiet – between 10:00 pm and 7:00 am
- No candles allowed inside the property
- No fireworks allowed on the property
- No firearms allowed on site – please leave them at home or locked in your vehicle
- There are no phones in the suites – so please utilize your cell phone(s)
- Each suite is individually furnished, so please leave all cookware, dinnerware, silverware, towels and linens etc.… in the suite that you are renting so they can maintain their unique charm and individuality
- Outdoor dining: Guests are asked to either use paper, plastic or melamine dinnerware and not bring out or use any glass or ceramic dinnerware outdoors.
- Outdoor Grill: Each guest is responsible for cleaning the grill after using it so it can be used by another guest.
- Any damages to the suite / property will be billed to your credit card
- Upkeep of premises: Guests shall keep and maintain the premises in clean and sanitary condition at all times and upon the termination of the tendency shall surrender the premises to the manager in good condition as when received.
- Right of Entry: Manager and Owner reserves the right to enter the premises at all reasonable hours of the day for the purposes of inspection, wherever necessary to make repairs and alterations to the premises, or to show workmen or contractors around with advance notification to the Guest whenever reasonably possible.
- Repairs or Alterations: Guests will be held responsible and may be charged for damages due to misuse or abuse of property including stained linens due to spills and make-up and any heavy cleaning expense or lost revenue due to smoking in the room.
- Please consider obtaining a travel insurance plan along with a Vacation Rental Damage Protection Plan
CHECK-IN / CHECK-OUT TIMES – EASTERN TIME
- Check-In 4:00 pm – Late arrivals can be accommodated with advance notice
- Check-Out 10:00 am – Unfortunately during the summer season, Memorial Day thru Labor Day we cannot extend our check out time, but during the off season please inquire as we may be able to delay your check out time
- Please consider trip insurance for your stay – we recommend using https://www.generalitravelinsurance.com
- Cancellations are subject to a fee of 25% of the collected rents.
- Deposits (minus fee) will be returned to guest if cancellation is made more than thirty days prior to arrival
- Group reservations of three or more suites are subject to a 60-day cancellation policy.
- In case of no-shows or cancellations, made less than 14 days before arrival of a booked suite and less than 60 days when all five suites are booked, the complete stay will be charged in FULL
- Daily housekeeping service
- Fresh towels daily
- Bed linens changed weekly or upon request
- Paper products; toilet paper, napkins and paper towels
- Soap for bathing, dishes and washing machine
- Fully equipped kitchen includes:
- Kitchen cookware, silverware and dinnerware
- WIFI and Internet
- USB charging outlets in living area and bedroom
- 42” LG Smart TV in Living area of each suite
- Outdoor seating area with firepit
- Outdoor tables and chairs including bistro tables and chairs on each outdoor deck
- Gas grill for cooking
- Outdoor shower
- Parking for each suite
- Private beach access
- Keyless Entry System
The occupancy limit for each suite is listed on the property’s web page. Please be considerate of the property, neighbors, and homeowner and do not exceed this number. Violation of occupancy will void the agreement and could result in expulsion.